Posted on | December 1, 2009 | 1 Comment
I was sent a great document from Big Mouth Media today detailing down 10 of the top Social Media tools that I had to share as my first guest article - BMM’s Really useful Guide to Social Media. Big thanks for Big Mouth Media for allowing me to share this so make sure to visit their site.
10 top social media tools
- Social Mention – http://www.socialmention.com
Get an instant overview of your social media profile. Search multiple social channels such as Twitter, Facebook, FriendFeed, YouTube and Digg, then access detailed statistics and sentiment analysis
- Tweet Deck – http://tweetdeck.com
Desktop based Twitter client with many options to customise your Twitter experience.
- Google Blog Search- http://blogsearch.google.com
Google’s tried and trusted blog search tracks down and archives virtually any site with an RSS feed.
- Board Reader – http://boardreader.com
Stay in touch with what people are talking about in your sector by searching for key phrases across multiple forums.
- BlogPulse – http://www.blogpulse.com
Provides excellent, up-to-the-minute trend graphs tracking blogging volume and activity.
- Backtype – http://www.backtype.com
Searches through blog comments.
- Blinkx – http://www.blinkx.com
Search all the top online video sites from a single site.
- Google Alerts http://www.google.com/alerts
Setup alerts for every time your keyword is mentioned
- Twitter Search http://search.twitter.com
Twitter’s very own search engine. Find out what people are saying about you about right now.
- Yahoo Pipes http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes
Merge RSS feeds from the above tools using Yahoo pipes to create your own custom monitoring tool.